Purchase College welcomes students of all ages to attend!
Purchase College offers noncredit courses and programs for a lifetime of learning:
- Professional Certificates
- Personal Enrichment Courses
- Undergraduate Courses with Noncredit Seats
- Teacher Training
- Courses and programs through online partners
Courses may be taken individually without commitment to a program.
Summer immersion in visual arts, performing arts, music, filmmaking, architecture, creative writing, journalism, STEM, and digital arts gives youth and precollege students the opportunity to explore their passions and discover themselves. Fall and spring courses are also available.
High school students may also be able to register for undergraduate courses. Find out how.
Earn college credit throughout the year either in-person or online. Visiting students are welcome to register in any of our standard semesters, as well as the summer and winter sessions. There is no formal application and acceptance process. Simply create your student account and register today!
2020欧洲杯苹果下载 New York State residents who are at least 60 years of age are welcome to enroll tuition-free as a “special auditor” each semester, including summer session, in a maximum of two credit-bearing, on-campus courses in which space is available to special auditors.
Currently, all Senior Citizen Auditors must register in-person at the Registrar’s Office. Please reference the Academic Calendar2020欧洲杯苹果下载 for information on when you may register as a Senior Citizen Auditor.
Whether you’re an au pair interested in fulfilling education requirements or an adult nonnative English speaker interested in improving your English language proficiency— the Explorations in American Life and Language2020欧洲杯苹果下载 program offers a variety of exciting, enriching, and interactive courses to help you achieve your goals.
Individual courses within the Intensive English Language summer program (IELP)2020欧洲杯苹果下载 can be taken on a part-time basis by nonnative English-speaking adults.
If you are a member of CSEA, you may be able to use a to pay for a credit or non-credit course.
Undergraduate credit courses offered by the School of Liberal Studies & Continuing Education are open to anyone qualified to do college-level work. Many undergraduate courses in the School of Liberal Arts and Sciences and some courses in the School of the Arts at Purchase College are also open to the public on a space-available basis. Proficiency in English is required, and students must meet any course prerequisites.
- Adults with a high school diploma or its equivalent are welcome to register.
- Senior citizen auditors: New York State residents who are at least 60 years of age are welcome to enroll tuition-free as a “special auditor” each semester, including summer session, in a maximum of two credit-bearing, on-campus courses in which space is available to special auditors. Refer to the academic calendar for the dates of in-person senior citizen registration. This option is not available in online courses.
- Visiting students from other colleges are responsible for obtaining approval from their college to transfer Purchase College credits back to their college before registering for credit courses. They are also personally responsible for the college’s tuition, fees, and other applicable charges and are bound by all college policies. For financial aid, please contact the financial aid office at your home institution.
- High school students who wish to enroll in credit courses must have (a) completed their junior year and (b) received approval from Purchase College to register. High school students are strongly encouraged to only consider lower-level (1000–2999) credit courses and are responsible for meeting any prerequisites.
Please review the following:
- Course Load and Overload (Academic Policies)
- Registration Procedures (Office of the Registrar)
- Tuition and Fees (Office of Student Financial Services)
- Winter session and summer session courses are equivalent to those offered during the academic year; therefore, students should expect to devote at least as much time to each winter session and summer session course as they do during any other semester.
Independent Studies and Tutorials
Only students who are enrolled in a degree program at Purchase College are eligible for independent studies or tutorials.
All students are bound by the Student Code of Conduct at Purchase College, which includes the college policy on academic integrity. Any form of academic dishonesty is considered extremely serious and may result in disciplinary action, including expulsion.
- Satisfactory Academic Progress (Academic Policies)