The Conservatory of Dance BFA program offers professional training for serious and dedicated dance students, with daily classes in classical ballet and contemporary modern dance, as well as an extensive curriculum in composition.
2020欧洲杯苹果下载 The program emphasizes both performance and choreography, providing students with a broad artistic foundation through the four-year composition program and studies of music, dance history, dance production, anatomy, core curriculum courses, and a wide variety of electives.
- Conservatory-style training
- Rigorous, rich programs in classical ballet and modern/contemporary dance
- Internationally distinguished faculty, who strive to bring out the very best in technique, artistry, and creativity in each student
- Numerous performance opportunities
- Stimulating, supportive and focused community
- Proximity to the living laboratory of New York City dance companies and choreographers
- A learning environment in which students can feel safe and supported to take risks while reaching toward their highest potential as artists
- The greatest number of study-abroad programs in any dance BFA program in the United States.
2020欧洲杯苹果下载 The four-year dance BFA program culminates with the senior project, for which each senior performs a repertory piece by a professional choreographer of their choice, choreographs an original work, and co-produces a concert.
The Dance major shares this year’s Thayer Fellowship award given by SUNY.
Each year, Dance Magazine’s “25 to Watch” list features a new cadre of dance world professionals on the brink of a breakthrough.
With dancer Misty Copeland.
Big Rings for Abraham.In.Motion to premiere at the Joyce Theater.